Monday, July 09, 2007

Goodbye Fernandina Beach. We'll see you next time.

We're home from Florida. I go back to work today and I suppose I missed it a little bit; I'm weird like that. Give me a few days off and I get restless for the structure of the work environment. I guess that's what prisoners mean when they say that they've been institutionalized.

I never sleep well in Florida. I don't know if it's something in the air or what. I just lie in bed for hours while the rest of the house sleeps.

It was nice to see all of the in-laws and I look forward to moving down there in a year or so. I figure I'll sell my two Hondas and buy a scooter as my main means of transportation on the island. The island is 14 miles long and 5 miles wide and scooters are everywhere. My wife would keep the van for hauling the kids around and I'd use it on rainy days. If the job I'm waiting for somehow doesn't come to fruition, I could be a bellman at the Ritz-Carlton. I bet those guys do pretty well, and they get to wear shorts, too!

My only real disappointment this time was that I didn't make time to wander about with my camera. I got some cute shots of the family at the beach and at Joshua's birthday party, but that's about it. There's always next time.

Anyway, it's good to be home. How've you guys been?

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Fine thanks. My sister's home from the hospital, I'm dating a guy, I went camping this weekend, got chewed up by bugs, and my son comes home in 3 weeks. I think you're all caught up now.

chez bez said...

Gnightgirl: What a nice update. Thanks for stopping in.

Melissa said...

YOU ARE MOVING?!!?!

chez bez said...

Melissa: That's the plan. The date isn't set in stone, but we'd like to be down there in a year or two.

GingerSnaps said...

Glad you're home! Missed you!